Weifeng Liu(M’12) is currently an Associate Professor with the College of Information and Control Engineering, China University of Petroleum, China. Weifeng Liu received the double B.S. degree in automation and business administration and the Dr. Eng. degree in pattern recognition and intelligent systems from the University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China, in 2002 and 2007, respectively. He was a Visiting Scholar with the Centre for Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems, Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia, from 2011 to 2012. His current research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, and machine learning.
- Membership: IEEE member, IEEE SMC Socieyt member, TC member of IEEE SMC TC on Cognitive Computing, ACM member, ACM SIGMM member, ACM SIGMM China Chapter member.
- Journal （Guest） Editor：Signal Processing special issue on Big Data Meets Multimedia Analytics
- Journal Reviewer: Pattern Analysis and Application, Neurocomputing, Neural Processing Letter, Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, Information Science, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Multimedia Tools and Applications, The Scientific World Journal, Cognitive Computation, International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval
- Conference Program Committee (Reviewer): CCC2010, ICIE2011, ICMLA2012, ICTAI2013, ICME2014, CIAC2013, CCC2013, ICIMCS2014, ICSPAC2014, ICTAI2014, ICIST2014, VECTaR2014, MMM2015, ICME2015, MOD2015, FAB2015, PCM2015, ICTAI2015
- Conference/Session (Co-)Chair: ICCH2012 special session chair, ICMLA2012 publicity co-chair, IEEE SMC2013 special session co-chair，IEEE SMC2014 special session co-chair
- W.Liu, H.Liu, D.Tao, Y.Wang, K.Lu, “Manifold regularized kernel logistic regression for web image annotation”,Neurocomputing, accepted.
- W.Liu, H.Zhang, D.Tao, Y.Wang, K.Lu, “Large-Scale Paralleled Sparse Principal Component Analysis”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s11042-014-2004-4.
- W.Liu, H.Liu, D.Tao, Y.Wang, K.Lu, “Multiview Hessian regularized logistic regression for action recognition”,Signal Processing, vol. 110, pp.101-107, 2015.
- W.Liu, Y.Li, X.Lin, D.Tao, Y.Wang, “Hessian regularized co-training for social activity recognition”, PLOS ONE, vol. 9, e108474, 2014.
- H. Liu, W. Liu and Y. Wang, “Multi-view Face Analysis Based on Gabor Features,” Journal of Information and Computational Science, vol. 11(13), pp.4637–4644, 2014.
- W. Liu, D. Tao, J. Cheng, and Y. Tang, “Multiview Hessian Discriminative Sparse Coding for Image Annotation,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 118, pp.50-60, 2014. (ESI: Highly cited papers)
- W. Liu and D. Tao, “Multiview Hessian Regularization for Image Annotation,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 22, pp.2676 – 2687, 2013. (ESI: Highly cited papers)
- D. Tao, L. Jin, W. Liu, and X. Li. Hessian Regularized Support Vector Machines for Mobile Image Annotation on the Cloud. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (2013), 15(4): 833-844. (ESI: Highly cited papers)
- W. Liu, C. Song, Y. Wang. Facial Expression Recognition Based on Gabor Features and Sparse Representation, ICARCV2012: 1402-1406, Dec.5-7, 2012, Guangzhou, China
- W. Liu, C. Song, Y. Wang. Facial Expression Recognition Based on Discriminative Dictionary Learning, ICPR2012, 1839-1842, Nov.11-15, 2012, Tsukuba International Congress Center, Tsukuba, Japan
- W. Liu, Y. Wang, S. Li. LBP Feature Extraction for Facial Expression Recognition, Journal of Information & Computational Science,8(3):412-421,(2011)
- W. Liu, Z. Wang. Facial Expression Recognition Based on Fusion of Multiple Gabor Features,ICPR2006(3):536-539